Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Dream Giver

8/25/10

I'm reading a book called "The Dream Giver." written by Bruce Wilkinson. It's absolutely great, and has you thinking, examining, praying, crying, and looking to God, and His Word in a different manner.

Here's a piece from where I'm reading at now; pg.119

"The bottom line of every test in the WasteLand (desert as the Bible refers to it) is this: When God seems absent and everything is going wrong, will you still trust God enough to patiently allow Him to prepare you for what's ahead?"

"I've noticed that the bigger the Dream, the longer the time of preparation."

YOUR GIFT COMES WITH A PRICE

"God's motive and plan in the WasteLand is to prepare you to become the person who can succeed at your Dream. But the outcome of His actions is up to you. Your response depends on how you answer two important questions:

1. How much do you want your Dream to come true?
2. Do you believe in the Dream Giver (God) enough to trust His purpose and accept His plan of preparation, even if you don't understand or agree with it?

The Bible describes the trials you and I face in the WasteLand as "the testing of your faith":

pg.120

Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

[pg.121]

So refuse to buy into the lie that your WasteLand is too hard. It's not too hard. It's not too long. Your tests in the desert are the best answer to one of your deepest desires and prayers: "Please make me into the person I need to be to do the Dream You have created me to do!"

Does that prayer sound familiar? It does to me.

*I have been going through this WasteLand going on 3 weeks, but I feel as if it's been a lifetime. All I can say, is that it's true, God remains with you, and even in this dark, desolate, cold, empty and hollow WasteLand, God still shines on us, and even though there seems to be only sand for miles and miles in every direction, have faith that God has indeed left little diamonds along the way, for you to see His glory, and know of His Love.

Think about it, and open your eyes of faith. There may be people, places, or things that have been given to you by God to help you along the way.

For myself, the immediate diamonds that have been left for me, is my friends and brother's in Christ (Joey, and Jeff). My girlfriend Mishel, and my sister's in Christ (Francesca, Grace, Marisol, and Kelly).

Those are the people. The places; was the trip to Texas and the many things I learned and saw. The things: were blessings by way of the very book I mentioned above, and a cd series by Joyce Meyer titled: Grace, Grace & more Grace.

These are the BIG things that come to mind, but I'm sure there are more.

You could be thinking; 'Well, if you are that blessed, how can you be in a WasteLand?'

The WasteLand is not necessarily a physical thing, moreso a Spirtual thing. Although your physical is affected, Spiritually you are molded to conquer your physical.


I'm glad that God is molding me, but I must say, I cannot wait to be done, and come out "lacking" nothing.


Be blessed my friends, and always remember, even if you are down, God declares it, YOU ARE NOT OUT.

Amen!

Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

Psalm 27:4-5 (my prayer)

The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment