Friday, February 4, 2011

I would be remiss not to give Thanx to Almighty God


As I lay my body down to rest, I am reminded of how blessed I am to say "I'm laying my body down to rest." It's a great priviledge to have a soft pillow, a mattress, and a cover to sleep with, while being secured under a solid roof surrounded by four walls, when they're so many humanbeings out there who have not one of the things I mentioned above.

In this country (the U.S.) we have so many freedoms. Two major ones that come to mind: Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of Religion. It's amazing how we can speak basically anywhere we want, however we want, and choose any religion, and how to worship in that religion without worry.

Whereas in other countries, if you were to pray to God, who says you are saved by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, you would be tied, gagged, and arrested to most likely never see the light of day again.

It's my prayer that you the reader will be convicted to be unbelievably and overwhelmingly grateful to God, that you live in a country that gives you so many freedoms that you take it for granted.

Why do I say such things? Not because I'm better than you, but rather because I too was once a person who overlooked the blessing and took advantage of my priviledged life, and did nothing but worry about me, me, me all the time.

In order for any of us to make a difference in this world, we must first make a difference in ourselves.

I'm so entirely grateful and thankful to God that I can say…God bless you all.

In God's Love, Flavio.



Signature from Flavio's iPhone:


O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! (1 Chronicles 29:13) 





No comments:

Post a Comment