Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weakness into His Victory: To the dogs

Luke 6:37-38 (New International Version, ©2010)

Judging Others

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."


I read these words and I can't help to be convicted by them. When looking to humanbeings we can easily apply these words of orderly living, but even animals shouldn't be judged, condemned, and should be forgiven.

Today, I allowed my situation, surrounding, and circumstance to get the better of me, so when I went to let my mother's dogs out, I yelled at them, because they went crazy from their barking due to their excitement to go outside.

It's humbling to have God's Light shine on you as a spotlight to a prisoner, saying 'If I have not judged harshly on you. If I have not condemned you by your unruly behavior. If I have forgiven your outburst, why don't you do the same?'

It's those things in our lives, and those individuals we may simply disregard because they are not in our lives in a moment-to-moment basis, but that's when God will also say "Uphold my ways."

I thank the Lord for calming me with such beautiful words, and allowing me to share and confess my weakness for today in this moment in order to embrace Him, and His ways as my strength.


I steadily look to God to strengthen and instruct me to be the Environment, and not become my environment.

Now, I will go and apologize to all the dogs...they do understand :)


God bless you all

Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

I came to you in weakness—timid and trembling. (1 Corinthians 2:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment