Friday, January 14, 2011

The Goose and Gander effect

For much of my life, I have felt a strong sense always pulling me in the other direction then that of those who surrounded me. Many times it created barriers between me and them, and other times, it kept me from harms way, but all the time it was God saying to me 'your way is not their way, and their way is not your way.'

As I grew up and found myself working, or as I heard it "You are now part of the work force," every job that came my way was through someone I knew, and every job I went out on my own to get, always ended up blowing up in my face.

As I thought about this more and more, eventually what was answering my question became more coherent to me, and was saying 'I, will open doors for you, and it will be through My Will and not your own.'

Nothing I would come to do would be by coincidence but by God's grace for those to whom I would pass on a seed of encouragement, hope, strength, and a faith in something greater then myself.

Now, this hasn't always been easy and sometimes the opposition that arose against me, seem to remain in my face trying to get me to back down, to turn around and go back the way I came, and what was speaking into the depths of me, said with a booming voice "Continue moving forward!" so I continued on.


What I've noticed in this world is that many people will try to pass on their way of life, their way of working onto another person, their own beliefs as if it's the only way of living and doing things, and that is simply false.


We are all equipped with certain gifts; talents, that will take us from the beginning of our life all the way to the end of it, and it's my prayer that ALL will come to understand this, and disregard from having others simply try something out for the sake of doing it. It's never a good way to start or end a sentence with "It couldn't hurt," or "You don't have anything to lose."


This is FALSE! It could indeed hurt you, and it may just close an oppurtunity that was opening up specifically for you, and that would indeed cause lost.

As I was receiving these words, my Lord in all His glory lead me to the following words below in order to illustrate the words above:


 John 21:18-24 (New Living Translation)

 18 "I tell you the truth, when you were young, you were able to do as you liked; you dressed yourself and went wherever you wanted to go. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and others will dress you and take you where you don't want to go." 19Jesus said this to let him (Peter His disciple) know by what kind of death he would glorify God. Then Jesus told him, "Follow me."

 20 Peter turned around and saw behind them the disciple Jesus loved (John)—the one who had leaned over to Jesus during supper and asked, "Lord, who will betray you?" 21Peter asked Jesus, "What about him, Lord?"

 22 Jesus replied, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me."23 So the rumor spread among the community of believers that this disciple wouldn't die. But that isn't what Jesus said at all. He only said,"If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

 24 This disciple is the one who testifies to these events and has recorded them here. And we know that his account of these things is accurate.


*In (Verse 22) Jesus is illustrating so beautifully I may add, what one individual may do, is not what another individual is to do [The Goose and Gander effect].

*In (Verse 23) The words illustrate very nicely how, many people tend to think they know what is right for others but indeed are very wrong

*In (Verse 24) John Jesus' beloved Disciple, illustrates that what was chosen for him he accepted and lived it.


The advice the Lord gives me and I share with you ALL:

'You can all go around worrying why He/She isn't in the same circumstances you are in, or you can look to me, and trust that whatever circumstance and situation you are in, I have personally placed you there for your own wellfare and benefit.' Amen! *Food for thought* 




Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

Psalm 27:4-5 (my prayer) 

The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.




No comments:

Post a Comment