Saturday, January 8, 2011

Labels and titles: Strong Talk

Let me start, by thanking you for always being an ear to listen, eyes
to take in, and a heart to receive God's Love. It's my joy and
priviledge to share God's Love with everyone. Thank you for existing
than my purpose can exist. May the Lord bless you all.


Here's a question for all of you to think about, ingest into
yourselves and chew on it for a bit.

If an elderly person, or handicapped person needs assistance crossing
the street, and you yourself decide to help them cross the street are
you considered a "crossing guard," or someone who in the kindness,
generosity, and love in your heart decided to help someone else?


The reason I asked you this question, is to illustrate how the world
will bombard you with titles and labels to make you feel empowered but
we ourselves in our hearts should and must believe that we are always
empowered to do, and be such things in life.


It doesn't take receiving a title of CEO, to be a leader. It doesn't
take a title of CFO, to be more responsible with your finances.

You don't need to be labeled "most likely to succeed," in order to
show success and be successful.

Everywhere you go, you see titles and labels to make someone feel
worthy or successful, or empowered instead of merely someone's
expression of gratitude, thankfulness, and encouragement being suffice.

From parking spots, to plaques on a wall; you will see and probably
have seen "Employee of the month," even "Parking spot reserved for
Pastor," we must all take a good long examining look at ourselves and
say, "What are we teaching those who surround us?"

I myself, looking to God, to become more and more capable and
confirming of the Truth that I am (and all of us are) created in His
image, must never want to be labeled or titled, but rather empowered.


Whether you acknowledge it, or voice it, even a man/woman after God,
can be labeled as a "Christian," rather than being known as someone
who follows Christ.

I live a life to say and show that I'm a Christ follower because I
follow His example, His ways of Love, His Life and making known to all
who were placed before Him, that God is whom He serves.


Therefore I say onto you with a grand Love in my heart for all of you:
What are you following, and will it be enough to follow it without
wanting a label or title, to make you feel better or more superior?


I ask myself that everyday when I get up, and my words are "Will you
be enough Lord?"

Thank you Lord, for these words and the Love you consistently pour
into me. I'm honored that you honor me. To you Lord, all the Glory!
Amen!


In His Love I love you all,
Flavio.

Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

Psalm 27:4-5 (my prayer)

The one thing I ask of the Lord―the thing I seek most―is to live in
the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the
Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal
me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will
place me out of reach on a high rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment